Joe Parsons

Default Another try: rec.boats ON-topic

On 14 Nov 2003 19:53:09 -0600, noah wrote:

[snip]

Joe,

I *think* by now that you know that I listen to your opinion. The
problem comes in when some people take the postings and topics way off
from "rec.boats", and way off from civil discussion.

I have no desire to "police" rec.boats, and I admit enjoying
discussions that waver from "boating" from time to time, but there is
a lot of political nonsense and bashing here.

I submit to you that it does not belong here.

No argument there!

It is a *very* small number of people who instigate these kinds of rancorous
threads, but then there's a sort of "pile-on" mentality once the discussion gets
up a head of steam.

One thing that could help at least a bit is when one of these kinds of threads
accidentally veers back into some "boaty" area, those who followup should edit
their subject line to reflect the change.

This will give at least the appearance that there are a few discussions here
that are other than highly unpleasant personal attacks and insults.

Joe Parsons