B. Comegys

Hi Wayne ;
I bought this book, "Paddling Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks"
by Don Nelson, ISBN: 1560446277, very helpful. The book talks about
trips, campsites, water taxi, permits, etc. I have also taken a short
paddles on Yellowstone and Lewis lake. It was very different then in
Washington State, I guess you would expect that. What I was struck by is
how fast the wind comes up in the afternoon so you need to paddle in the
morning. You need to buy a permit to paddle in Yellowstone. When I came
out of Yellowstone the Ox Bow area looked really nice. I do not know if it
was practical.
All the Best
Bill

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Wayne Watson wrote:

Rec., that is, fla****er. I probably made a big stride towards understand=

ing what is
there only a few hours ago. I just received my copy of Paddling Yellowsto=

ne and
Tetons by Don Wilson, Falcon Press. I posted to get a jump on any info I =

could pick
up. I was afraid the book wouldn't get here until late Thursday, which wo=

uld have
given me about 12 hours to get acquainted with it. I'm leaving Friday for=

the area.
I'll be there two weeks. Nevertheless, I've already gotten some good info=

from a lady
in Jackson Hole, but can always use more. I will rent equipment somewhere=

in the
area, and will likely go it on my own, but I'm open to joining in with cl=

ubs in the area.

I just took a peek at the book. Looks like it'll be helpful.

Paddlec1 wrote:

Any suggestions for recreational paddling in YS/Teton area? Outside the=

parks
is fine
too.

What kind of paddling are you looking for...
Whitewater? Fla****er touring? I don't get down to the South side of th=

e park
much, but I do a lot of paddling on the north side, Yellowstone River,
Gallatin, Madison, Boulder.

Dennis

--
Wayne T. Watson (The Wizard of Obz, Nevada City, CA)
Obz Site: 39=B0 15' 7" N, 121=B0 2' 32" W

iens)

Blue Whale population before human hunting: 239,000. Today: =

1,700.

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews