Old Nick

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:41:17 -0400, Wayne.B
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I know a guy who was an aircraft inspector. He once said to me that at
work he was expected to be perfect, and to impose perfection, so at
home he reserved the right to relax.

He sailed his mast into an over-river power line, of the serious 33KV
(?) 330KV, probably, big latticed towers, sort. His (soon to be ex..by
choice and good luck) girlfriend was below decks preparing the
sandwiches. The mast was stepp on the deck and watched the galley
table destroyed in front of her eyes, and water start coming in the
hull just below it.

Luckily the river was narrow at that point.

This guy also backed his boat and trailer down onto the slipway at a
launching ramp and used the technique of reversing real fast and
slamming the brakes on.........with a keelboat.

So it may be obvious, but to quote SOO, "the trouble with commonsense
is that it's not common"

This may seem obvious but watch out for power lines.

Marriage. Where two people decide to get together so
that neither of them can do what they want to because
of the other one.