katysails

No...someone else did a series on solar wind powered sail spaceships...read
them a long time ago but can't remember who...

"Scout" wrote in message
well, I'm gonna buy a solar sail boat just in case.
btw - did you see the SciAm story on the solar wind sailing spaceship?
Scout

"katysails" wrote in message
Hopefully, that won't happen to us...
"Scout" wrote in message
Yeah, that's what I hear.
Did you hear the theory that claims Mars may have lost its liquid

water
when
it lost its magnetic field?
If I remember correctly, the theorists claimed the planet was left
unprotected against solar wind, which was free to 'scrub' the

atmosphere,
which lowered atmos pressure, allowed the liquid water to boil off and

also
be 'scrubbed' from the planet. Or something like that.
Scout

"katysails" wrote in message
It's reversing as we speak, donchaknow......
"Scout" wrote in message
I thought he might have been referring to the Earth's magnetic

field.
Scout

"Parallax" wrote
1. Why doesn't lightning travel in a helical path since it

does
traverse
magnetic field?