John S

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:05:43 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On 25 Aug 2004 00:30:26 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

bored, non boating, political #$%%#$)(*_&*

Sterling, tell us something about the Keys, your trawler, hurricane
Charley, anything boating related.

Lead by example.

I'll start. Work has me pinned to the wall this year. I took my boat
out only twice, Memorial Day and the 4th of July weekend.

We do have plans for Labor day to spend the Holiday on the boat.

I have a small ding in the prop that I incurred over the 4th of July
weekend. The ding surprised me since what I thought was a black paint
over a smooth aluminum surface turned out to be more of a heavy epoxy
finish over a somewhat rough surface (almost looks like a coarse sand
casting) . I paid a couple hundred for the prop, if I remember it is a
16"x15 or 16 pitch prop.

Is the rough undersurface and epoxy coating a normal expectation for a
prop?

Should I consider stainless steel since I do beach the boat a lot
while camping with family. The outdrive is a Volvo Penta 260A if I
remember correctly. A rough year for boating for me.

Regards
John S