Wayne Watson

Rec., that is, fla****er. I probably made a big stride towards understanding what is
there only a few hours ago. I just received my copy of Paddling Yellowstone and
Tetons by Don Wilson, Falcon Press. I posted to get a jump on any info I could pick
up. I was afraid the book wouldn't get here until late Thursday, which would have
given me about 12 hours to get acquainted with it. I'm leaving Friday for the area.
I'll be there two weeks. Nevertheless, I've already gotten some good info from a lady
in Jackson Hole, but can always use more. I will rent equipment somewhere in the
area, and will likely go it on my own, but I'm open to joining in with clubs in the area.

I just took a peek at the book. Looks like it'll be helpful.

Paddlec1 wrote:

Any suggestions for recreational paddling in YS/Teton area? Outside the parks
is fine
too.

What kind of paddling are you looking for...
Whitewater? Fla****er touring? I don't get down to the South side of the park
much, but I do a lot of paddling on the north side, Yellowstone River,
Gallatin, Madison, Boulder.

Dennis

--
Wayne T. Watson (The Wizard of Obz, Nevada City, CA)
Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W

Blue Whale population before human hunting: 239,000. Today: 1,700.

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews