Rick Itenson

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:37:02 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

Plate? I thought it had to be incised into the timbers or
non-removable part of the boat. It has to be permanently attached. I
didn't know you could have a plate just screwed or nailed on.

grandma Rosalie

Rosalie,
Up here the law for a registered (documented) vessel says the
official number and the net registered tonnage has to be cut into the
main beam of the vessel and it is in large vessels. For pleasure
craft they'll accept one of those brass plaques if it's permanently
mounted ( I epoxied one on). They're gradually relaxing the
registration laws and for a vessel under 12 metres you no longer
require a tonnage survey.

Rick Itenson
Breathless
Toronto