Ðon ßailey

Default how much will it safely tow if you're only going up the ramp?

"RudyV" wrote in message
at the risk of starting another "how much will my geo metro tow" exchange,

have a related question.
i am considering buying a 25' cuddy on a trailer; total weight will be

about
8000 lb for boat, motor, trailer, fuel, water, etc. i would like to store
it on the trailer at the marina and then tow the boat from the parking

slot
to the ramp and back. total distance traveled per use would only be about
100 yards. my tow vehicle is a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/4 wheel drive and

max towed capacity of 6500 lb. does anybody have any experience/guidance

on
whether the jeep could safely launch and retrieve this boat? with a
boat/trailer combo heavier than the tow vehicle, could the boat drag the
Jeep into the water if the ramp was slippery?
thanks in advance.

I used to tow an 8000lb boat/trailer to and from the ramp (a few blocks)
with a chevy blazer. I think the blazer's MAX tow cap. was about 5200lbs.

Never went over 15mph.

No problem.

Stopping on a gravel road sometimes invoked the ALB's though.

db