Keith

I just let the seawater in at the strainer until it's full. Spray the
impeller with silicone spray when I install it, so it runs fine for a few
seconds until it's pumping water. Not much else you can (or need) to do.

--

Keith
__
"Tony Abbott" wrote in message
r.com...
On the installation of a fresh pair of marine engines how do you prime the
raw water pumps. Each engine has a Sherwood (G7 I believe) with 1 1/4"
inlet/outlet. The boat is currently out of the water as we are finishing

long restoration process. I have a garden hose with the water intake
adapter hooked to the intake under the boat (yes the correction piece for
raw water pickup). The path the water goes is intake from under the boat,
through a raw water filter, through a transmission oil cooler then to the
pump. There is about 5' worth of hose and the filter and cooler prior to
reaching the pump.

Thanks in advance for the priming answers/suggestions...