Drew Dalgleish

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:18:01 -0400, "Ron" wrote:

I have been moving the sail forward and that has helped. I will try moving
it even more. The boat is not really heeling much as the sail is small.
The leeboard is just a piece of 3/4" hardboard siding. Would a better
shaped board make a significant difference?
"Mac" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:18:49 -0400, Ron wrote:

I did quite a bit of sailing in a sportspal canoe as a teenager. The
factory sailing kit used a sea snark sail the mast mounted through the
front deck only about a foot from the bow. The leeboards attached to
the centre thwart and were made of 1"x6" about 3'long and were tapered
at the front. The rudder was a canoe paddle with an oarlock that set
into a hole at the end of the outboard motor mount. This set up would
point into the wind quite well and was reasonably fast. I had a lot of
fun with it and learned most of what I know about sailing in this boat
(wich isn't much )