uncle k

"Gordon Wedman" wrote in message
news:VF4Vc.39781$fz2.37947@edtnps89...
Dilute household bleach is the simplest way to go. One cup in one gallon

of
water. Test it in a corner where any change in color will not be noticed.
If its synthetic carpet I doubt the color will be affected.

I like the bleach idea just fine... Being a wild mushroom enthusiast, I'd
be curious about what type of mushrooms they were. Some fungi would
indicate a strong underlying reason for being there, which may not be
obvious, at a glance. For instance, as it applies to a boat, certain
mushrooms need rotting wood to feel at home. Others enjoy a nice little
pile of debris (tree needles, etc.) and the like, none of which can be a
good thing, on a boat. Some even need dung or corpses as a growing medium,
but hopefully, there's none of that on your boat.

Rumor has it that my grandmother used to test the mushrooms she gathered on
the cat. If it ate some and didn't start laughing uncontrollably, or drop
dead, or both, she'd cook them and serve them to the family.

Unc