Lawrence James

Default Siphon The Fuel Tank

Not unusual, the fill line often has too many turns to get a line down. I
pulled the overflow hose on mine last winter when I used all the gas in my
boat for my generator. The NC ice storm left us without power for 5 days.
If you can go out the drain plug hole it will be easier than trying to go
over the side. Getting rid of it is the bigger hassle unless it is still
good enough to add to your car.

"Frazier Phillips" wrote in message
I have a 1988 Bayliner 1950, 5.0 L, 32 gallon tank. I have tried to siphon
from the fill cap. This does not work.
I have just looked at the top side of the tank. Of the possibilities, the
only one option that I would consider is the over flow line. Is this a

good
place to siphon the gas?
I assume there is a screen on the gas input line.
I have stabilizer in the fuel, however, this fuel is 12 months old. I am

not
going to chance another 6 months.
Next year I plan to use the boat. It hell getting old, you know.