Harry Krause

basskisser wrote:
bb wrote in message . ..
On 19 Aug 2004 11:04:25 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

Capt. Bill

Yes. I understand that the bulk hit well south, but then again, I was
watching news last night, and they were showing damage to fruit
picker's homes in Arcadia, which is inland AND well north of the most
damaged areas.

St. Pete and Pinellas didn't get anything. Arcadia is NE of
Charlotte Harbor, where the storm came ashore. As the storm was
heading NE, Arcadia got slammed.

bb

That's a shame, there are a lot of poor working people in that area.

There are lots of "illegal" farm workers who were horribly impacted by
the hurricane, and who are without housing, food, or water, and were it
not for Catholic charities and a couple of similar groups, these folks
would be dying by the side of the road.

This is an amazing country. We have all sorts of work that native-born
Americans won't do, so we import tens of thousands of poor workers from
even poorer countries to do it for us. Then we treat those workers like
****.

Welcome to America.

As a society, we're no better than we treat the poorest and least able
among us.

--
Save America - Defeat Bush!