Gordon Wedman

Dilute household bleach is the simplest way to go. One cup in one gallon of
water. Test it in a corner where any change in color will not be noticed.
If its synthetic carpet I doubt the color will be affected.

I would try soaking the carpet, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and then
sucking out the liquid with a wet vac. If they still come back just repeat
the process.

If you have a HEPA vacuum cleaner, or can borrow one, an extra 2 steps would
be to vacuum the carpet before bleaching and then vacuum again after it is
100% dry.

"Bchbound" wrote in message
I have a 20' Larson Cuddy. Some water had been getting into the low pile
carpet in the deck area. A few tiny (1/4" tall ones) had begun to grow. I
pull them out yet they keep reappearing.

I have found and fixed the leak. Yet these persistant things keep coming
back. Now I an looking for a simple soulution to killing the spores or
roots or whatever is under there. Something I can apply to the carpet
that wont discolor it would be great. Any ideas or suggestions?

Bchbound