basskisser

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
So how is Bush "butchering" the economy bass?

Basskisser charged:

1. Price of crude

Hard to drop that one directly on Bush. There are always some political
influences in the price of basic raw materials, but the underlying fact is that
we've been steadfastly ignoring the shifting balance between crude oil supply
and demand for several decades.

Good points, but there are mitigating factors. We've made a shambles
out of our relationships with world economic powers such as Germany.
This translates into crude, since it is the world's money, so to
speak.

2. Running the largest defecit we've ever had.

Got 'im fair and square on that one. The Republican congress writes the checks,
but they aren't any good until Bush signs 'em.

3. 3. Even Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan has repeatedly
said that a tax cut without reductions in federal spending would send
our deficit into a tailspin, but Bush did it anyway.

What does Greenspan know? He's an economist. Everybody knows that politicians
make better economists than economists do.

Sorry, my bad!

4. Bush promised, while campaining, that if elected, there would be a
"new era of responsibility. He's not been responsible at all, and even
goes so far as to blame China for OUR butchered economy.

He's kept that promise. Liberals and democrats are now "repsonsible" for
everything the least bit wrong with this country. Where have you been?

7. He put approx. 3 million people out of work.

No he didn't. There are 1,2, or 3 million more unemployed people now that when
Bush took office, (depending on how you want to measure the problem and define
"unemployed"), but just like Clinton can't take credit for the employment boom
that happened on his watch, you can't blame Bush directly for the decline since
he's been in office. The Republican philosophy is less concerned with whether
people are working than with whether capital investment is adequately rewarded,
but that's not a personal failing of Bush.

Well, let's just say him, and his henchmen, then, collectively called
BushCo.

8. He sold America out to special interests.

Not hardly. Those same special interests own Bush too. It is imperative to get
rid of Bush this fall, not because he's such a bad guy, but because his
puppeteers operate with a complete disregard for all but a tiny fraction of our
population.