Adam

Thanks Glenn;
I have to add small correction. Duplex (threeplex) wires are in already in
different color, white, black, red.
It is not a problem to find which one is hot.
By different color I was thinking about colors like grey, brown, purple
etc - all for hot wire - depend to what device is connected.
Adam
S/V SeaGoat
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I used the duplex wire where ever I could. Not only is it easier to
route but it makes it easy to find associated pairs in a bundle of 10 or
12 pairs. Color coding is absolutely necessary. Not just from an
installation standpoint but for future maintenance. A few years from
now when you need to find the hot wire somewhere in the middle of a run
you will wish they were standard colors. Opening a panel and finding
nothing but black wires can be a nightmare. The cost is the same for
colors and if you are wiring anything larger than a dinghy you will need
several spools in various sizes.

Marine wiring is not cheap but it is the number one maintenance problem
on most boats over 4 or 5 years old. It definitely pays to do it right
the first time.

Adam wrote:
Is any difrent with usage single wires vs 2 or three conductors flat

cable
(in both cases marine grade)?
What is advantage and disadvantage - price is not the isue.

Do I really need a set of wires in difrent colors in accordance with

ABYC
reccommenadtion, or labbeling is acceptable as well?

Thanks in advance
Adam
S/V SeaGoat

--