Peter Bennett

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:00:42 -0700, "William G. Andersen"
wrote:

Thanks, Lisa: guess I'll go to a Radio Shack and see what they have to make
a Tee type of cable. My few previous experiences with the local store were
frustrating because they were just sales clerks and didn't understand what I
wanted to do, so they couldn't offer any help.

See http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/seaspray_nmea.pdf for the NMEA
wiring on my boat. I can have either of two GPS receivers feed the
computer, and either the selected GPS or the computer feeds the
autopilot. Since I made that drawing, I've added a radar which is
connected in parallel with the computer RX data.

I used a screw terminal strip to make the connections, but you could
simply splice all the wires together, without using any additional
hardware.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca