William G. Andersen

If you get rough, you can get a tuber airborne when towing with a wakeboard
tower.
We don't get rough, and the tubers like the tower because it keeps the front
of the tube elevated a little, and they don't get splashed in the face as
much as they do when we pull from a lower point on the boat.

"Rod McInnis" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
I'm looking for a pylon I can mount to the back deck of my boat for

PULLING
TUBES. I can only find ones that are recommended for skiing and
wakeboarding. My guess is because the drag from tubes is much stronger

so
the pylons I have found are not suitable. Most are deckmounted and some
have support arms as well.

If you are talking about a pylon that gets the mounting point just above

the
deck height then it should be fine. If you are talking about a tall

pylon
that is common for wakeboarding then I would not recommend it. I wouldn't
be worried about the boat, as it is hard for a tube to put a sideways pull
against the boat and the pull to the rear certainly wouldn't be any worse
than getting a large sized wakeboarder up.

What I would worry about is the "lift" that the tower would provide. While
wakeboarders desire it, getting a tube airborne is not a good idea.

Rod