Bart Senior

Great idea Thom if you have a stiff or short mast.

My Etchells bends too much for an extension ladder, and the
Ericson's mast is about 55' off the deck.

"Thom Stewart" wrote
Bart,

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH; In my old age, I've rediscovered the extension
ladder for going up the mast!

With my age and Neurologic disorder (MG) I can't go up and I can't winch
a crew up. I can set a ladder up, using a halyard. I crew going aloft
still wears a Bosun seat and a halyard but they can climb and tie
themselves off. I only have to take up the slack on a self tailing
winch. The crew works more comfortable from the tied off ladder and
secured bosun seat.