Bart Senior

I put it on because I had trouble bleeding the system.

I've found that it was damn hard to bleed the system with
either a hand pump or electric. Later I found it was easy to
bleed the system with a little gravity assist.

I was planning on pulling it off anyway. I'd already clipped the
wires and the next step was to pull the pump.

"Joe" wrote

create a loop for the pump only if you must have one. Make it where
you can isolate the pump out of the system when not in use. Everyone I
know who did what you did has the same proble trying to suck fuel thru
a electrical pump without it on.

Why do you even need a pump besides the one on your engine?