Colin Woodgate

Slalom Boats taken to Prague via easy jet from East midlands this
year. 20 quid at check in on teh way out. No cost at check in on the
way back.

We just went to check in, with the boats. The only issue is where to
collect them at the other end as they do not fit on most baggage
carousels!

no slalom boats damaged, but a paddle bag went awaol for 2 days.

Dave Manby wrote in message ...
20 quid a boat on the easy-jet flights to Turin - that was a couple of
years ago.

In message , David Pearson
writes
In message , Hils
writes
Hi - has anyone experience of taking kayaks on aeroplanes? We are thinking
of taking two kayaks on Easyjet to Nice as they take another 10kg of sports
equipment for free. Can you pack things inside them? Do they get damaged? Do
you leave them at cargo or take them to check in? any tips?

Hils

I suggest searching the "community" forums at
www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk - where "flying with kayaks" is an all too
regular subject of discussion!! No personal experience I fear...
There was also an excellent piece on www.thamesweirproject.co.uk at
some stage in the past.

Good luck!