DSK

"Bart Senior" wrote:
For some reason the engine would start, but die when given some
throttle, or simply quit after a few minutes of operation. It started
fine every time. I checked the cut off valve and it was good. After
thinking about it tonight, I decided it must be the in-line electric fuel
pump I added to help bleed the system. I think if I pulled it out, the
problem will go away. We'll see.

Sounds like your fuel system may have a small leak that is sucking in
air when running. Sometimes air will leak into a tiny flaw where fuel
not leak out. Most of the time, if there's a leak, it will leak enough
to spot up a paper towel. This is less trouble than blanking it off and
pressurizing with air for a soap bubble test.

Steve Daniels wrote:
You can keep it, but cut it out of the system for normal
operation. This will look better in a fixed pitch font.

_____________________
| |
| |
A X C D B X
________|____X__P___X________|_______

In the above, lines are fuel lines. X is a valve, and P is your
electric pump.

During normal operation, valves A and B are open, and valves C
and D are closed. When you want to use the electric pump for
bleeding, reverse the valves.

You mean put in a bypass... if it's a centrifugal pump, he doesn't
really need a bypass (although it's nice to have one). He just needs
tight connections!

I just found out this week that a fuel leak I thought I'd fixed is still
there (but much smaller, so I at least did it some good). Some of the
connections are in difficult places to reach.

What kind of fittings, what kind of hose, Bart? I happen to like flares
but a lot of people like compression fittings of one type or another. I
have worked with flare fittings on hi-pressure air, hydraulics, various
gasses, and other stuff, for about 30 years and the biggest problem I've
had in over ten years has been our own fuel system!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King