William G. Andersen

Before I had a ski eye installed on my 19' bowrider, I used a water ski
pulley with about a 8' poly line attached to each of the stern tie downs. It
could just as easily be looped over the aft cleats, that would get the tow
line a little higher.
I now have a wakeboard tower, and we've used it for wake boards and tubing
for about 5 years.

"John Smith" wrote in message
I'm looking for a pylon I can mount to the back deck of my boat for

PULLING
TUBES. I can only find ones that are recommended for skiing and
wakeboarding. My guess is because the drag from tubes is much stronger so
the pylons I have found are not suitable. Most are deckmounted and some
have support arms as well.

I have a Chaparral 220si with a "ski eye" on the back that works great for
sking and wake-boarding. But when I pull individual tubes with my
lightweight kids the ropes often catch in the wake. It sprays a lot of
water and also makes for a rough ride. If I pull more than one tube it

can
get dangerous. I want to elevate the eye. That's why I'm looking for a
pylon.

Does anyone know of a product that I could mount on the back portion of my
boat deck? (just outside the transom). It would have to bolt through the
fiberglass deck -- I can also add some aluminum for fiberglass backing.

Are
the warnings for current products legit or are they just going overboard

avoid lawsuits? I know the situation is worse for longer pylons. A

stubby
24" one would be great if I could find it. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!