Scott Vernon

Rule of Tonnage.

SV

rambled on incessantly...

Granted, in the L.I.S. area to which you refer, some sailers behave
otherwise and, apparently especially on Wed. or Thurs. racing

nights,
occasonally challenges the tug/barge or freigher (with resulting
whistle-blowing and frustrated commercial captains screaming on the
VHF). But for those who want to continue to sail "a lot" at night
(and, for that matter, during the day) in that area, the better
"assumption" for you would have been your answer to the question:

If both other boats do not see me (even if I believe they do see me)
and if both also alter their course so that they will be headed
directly for me if I don't alter my course, where in light of what I
do see ought I go to avoid a collision?