peter

Default LAN network on dual helm trawler

I have a dual helm trawler, 40', and plan to add electronic charting with a
good GPS with an external arial. I want to view this on a lap top
independent of input wiring so I can go to either helm whenever so ....... I
want to install a Local Area Network (all new to me but sounds reasonable).

Has anyone tried to do this? Sounds so practical. I have yet to buy
anything yet so any advice would be a help! Guess I need a GPS, laptop
with plotting software and LAN module, and the where-with-all to get the
data out to the LAN from the GPS.

Thanks all!