Peter Bennett

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:47:34 -0700, Steve wrote:

I'm going to install a ST5000 pilot and want to use the optional
Handheld Remote Control (Z101). However there is not details in the
ST5000 manual on how this is accomplished and I can't find a manual for
the Z101.

Someone suggested that it would be connected to the ST instrument buss,
but I don't have any other Sea Talk instruments..

On my existing AH3000 a similar remote just plugs in the socket on the
bottom of the control head.

Does anyone have any experience with this????

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

The remote I have for my ST5000 (ST600, I think) connects using
SeaTalk (and I don't have any other SeaTalk instruments). You just
need a three wire connection from the remote to the ST5000 - power,
ground, and SeaTalk data.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca