Jonathan

Mahogany takes paint well, and is readily available. For paint I have
always used Interlux or Woolsey enamels, but I am currently using Rust
Oleum, which is also a very good oil based enamel, on a dinghy I am
building for my daughter, because they have a range of colors more
interesting to a 12 year old girl than the marine paints. It's also
cheaper than the marine branded oil based paints.

Jonathan

Ilv2sl wrote:
I am about to replace the hand rails and toe rails on my 35' sailboat, and am
wondering what kind of wood would be the best to use. I will be painting them.

Also, what paint would you builders recommend?
Thanks