Lloyd Sumpter

Default Rhino type bed liners on boats???

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:30:17 -0700, Joel wrote:

With the rino-liner I would worry about 2 things:

1) weight - I think that stuff is pretty heavy
2) getting it in white - black would be too hot to walk on.

I just posted this on another thread, but SeaDek might work for you.
It comes in 5mm and 3mm thickness, it relatively soft, comes in
several colors, and is relatively cheap as far as decking goes. Here
are some pictures that I took of some samples:

http://www.boatbuildercentral.com/help/SeaDek.htm

Joel

I used the spray-on stuff from Canadian Tire - works pretty well. I used
it to line the anchor/downrigger ball/transom wheel/assorted junk "well"
at the bow. It only comes in black, but for sure white (or a nice grey)
would be better. Doesn't weigh any more on the boat than it did in the can
(iirc I used 2 cans)

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12