J. A. M.

Default Near Deaths on the Lower Gauley

Larry Cable wrote:

J. A. M."

Typed in Message-ID:

Another load of crap. How many safety talk-ups have you given?

JAM

who are you asking?

I've pushed rubber around since the 70's,
teach kayaking several times a year and I'm a SWR instructor, so I've given one
or two in my time.

Walt is correct, raft trips are often marketed as an amusement park ride. Just
go down to the Ocoee and see how they run the business there.

SYOTR
Larry C.

I've been pushing rubber for 15 years and I have never heard anyone promote the trip as an amusement park ride. In fact just the opposite is true. The dangers and the level of physical activity required
are spelled out in great detail.

To tell the truth, I do talk up a rapid before I run it. I give the same talk up above Big Nasty at 2 feet and I do a 5 1/2 feet. Stay left!, don't run the hole! Then I take them right down the middle
(2') into the hole. My crew is so happy that they made it that they don't even know they aren't having fun.

JAM