Jeff Morris

Default anybody rebuild their NiCAD battery packs ?

You should be able to get NiCad's with the small tabs on them. I think I got
mine at Radio Shack (but it might have been You-Do-It electronics). I was able
to bring my Apelco VHF back to life and its now a nice backup. Actually, this
is a third life, since it had a one hour bath, courtesy of our little daughter.
This is a "weather resistant" model, not water proof, but with a few hours of
TLC, and a few weeks of drying, it came back to life.

Opening each pack is different - sometimes labels cover a screw, others need
gentle prying around the edges. Inside is usually just AA NiCad's soldered
together.

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
Having several devices using these "packs", and seeing the prices on
buying new packs; I was wondering if there is any way to safely rebuild
these things and save some money.

Are there simply individual batteries inside plugged into the pack or what ?

How can you open the packs without damage, if possible ?

I realize disposal is a problem.

Gratefully,
Courtney
--