Don White

Default How much to offer below MSRP (for a Tayana) ?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
I am not sure what you are saying, rolf. What I am saying is if you want

my
services, it is $200/day from the time my feet hit the tarmac to the time

head out to the airport on the way back, plus expenses. I'm a good guy,

Rolf,
for most won't do a delivery with the owner onboard.

** You got that right. I had to laugh at one story my buddy told.
The owner tried to leave our harbour one fall with a cheaper 2nd rate
'captain'. They ran aground before clearing the port. They limped back in
and my buddy was hired for the job on the following weeks departure. Seems
the owner thought he knew more than Vic, and after numerous heated
arguments, Vic threatened to lock the owner up in his cabin.
More trouble on the way back in the spring. After a rash of bad luck, storm
damage etc Vic arrived in Halifax with the boat. The owner blamed Vic for
the trouble and refused to reimburse him for out of pocket emergency
repairs. Vic went to see a lawyer friend and threatened seizure of the boat
if he wasn't paid. The hostile owner was boxed in and had to pay up after
the lawyer informed him that the damages would multiply if full blown legal
action was taken.