Rich Hampel

Default How much to offer below MSRP (for a Tayana) ?

I can totally agree with those dreams. Problem is that those 'dont
make it' arent around to tell their story.

A Tayana is a very expensive 'house boat'.

By no means let me put a damper on your dreams. The best teacher is -
time on the water.

Good luck.

;-)

In article k.net,
wrote:

Whoa!
A Tayana is NOT a boat that one 'learns' to sail on.
These are big, slow to maneuver, with lots of forces
generated; not, something you can just walk up to and
learn to sail on in a couple of hours. The learning
curve from such a boat will be very slow and long.
And if you havent any prior sailing experience, can
get into one hell of a lot of trouble in a hurry.

Thanks for the advice. I don't intend to sail this boat
myself until I know how to do this. I can either go and
take sailing lessons in smaller boats or spend a lot of
time watching other people show me how to sail this boat.

One reason for buying a boat is because I would like to
go and live near the ocean but can't afford a house near
the ocean at this time.

I've just read "The Voyage of the Northern Magic" which
is about a Canadian family sailing around the world in
a 40-year-old sailboat. Their entire sailing experience
before taking this journey consisted of 6 afternoons in
on the Ottawa River. (See www.northernmagic.com)