Jeff Morris

Default Proposed mandatory PFD law

You have a good point. Florida leads the country in boating fatalities (over
the last 5 years), but is lagging behind in drownings. However, you make up the
difference by having the largest number of non-drowning boating fatalities,
caused by leading the way (by a huge margin) in collisions with fixed objects.

Clearly, while Florida may deserve an exemption for PFD's, they should be
required to build all bridges out of foam rubber.

http://www.uscgboating.org/statistic...stics_2002.pdf

"Scott McFadden" wrote in message
om...
Also, aren't a good percentage of "drownings" the result of
hypothermia? I say the heck with "half-measures", like PFDs. I think a
+-$2000 custom fitted drysuit should be required to be worn, at all
times, by all persons boating in waters cooler than 65F.

You see, I'm just trying to "save" people, and that makes me "feel" oh
so good about myself.

Of course, since I'm in Fla this prudent "safety" requirement would
not pertain to me.
--
SJM