Paul Garcia

Default Problems with ICOM IC-M502 VHF

I might be missing something please help me understand. You stated you
wanted suggestions as to what is wrong, but you are going to be returning it
to Icom anyway. If you are going to send it back to Icom as you stated, why
do you care what people on here think might be wrong with it. If you really
wanted help on solving the problem, why tell people you are going to return
it to Icom anyway.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.99e9fbb540dac4ebb2f430ab099f4c84@106 8647547.cotse.net...
Paul Garcia wrote:

I have to ask the question. The man said he was not going to try to

fix the
radio himself, that he was going to send it to the service dept, why is
everyone trying to solve the problem? Especially since no one can

even look
at the radio.

This ability to solve problems with limited knowledge seems to go beyond
politics to electronics.

That's right, Paul. The radio is under warranty and I am not going to
void that warranty by taking it apart to look for...well, what? I don't
know. But I was hoping that someone here might have been able to shed
some light on the problem, someone who might have had some experience
with the electronics in these devices. I'd like to avoid the bother of
UPSing the radio to a warranty station.

I also have realized I really didn't check for the faults I am able to
check very scientifically. While we did attach another radio to the
existing antenna, we used an outside power supply to power it up. Maybe
I'll take another look at the wiring between the panel and the radio.

What is your area of expertise, Paul? Snotty newsgroup comments? You're
only a third-rater at that.