Tony Thomas

Default what to look for in a used boat

There are a number of things to look for.
1. Engine
a. Compression
b. Oil (water in it)
c. Running condition
2. Outdrive
a. Oil (water/metal in it)
3. Boat
a. Transom for rot (poke at it w/ an ice pick or something to make
sure no soft spots
b. Floor rot (any soft spots)
c. Seat rot (any soft spots)
d. Wiring (corrosion)
e. Stringers (any rot or chips in/around the engine floor area)

This is just to name a few. Recommend having the boat checked by an
inspector/professional.

Tony

"Swede" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

This weekend I am going to look at a boat that I potentially am going
to buy...an 89 donzi el pescador......but being a newcomer to boats I
really have no idea of what to look for in a used boat....are there
certain things that I need to pay attention to...things that may
become big problems in the future...etc etc.

Thanks!