Gogarty

Default Looking for splicing instructions 8-plait to chain

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:51:36 -0700, captnorm
wrote:

Just bought new anchor rode of Yale 8-plait nylon Brait & need to
splice it to 5/16 chain for a Maxwell Freedom 800 windlass.

Not necessarily the best choice for anchor rode in my opinion. It's
much more expensive than 3 ply nylon, has less stretch (which is
desirable for its shock absorbing qualities), and is very difficult to
splice with chain, if at all. Maybe you could return it?

I don't see how you could splice braided rope to a chain except with an
eye splice, which won't go through the windlass. Three-strand nylon is
definitely the way to go.