basskisser

Default Evinrude 25 hp problem

Benjamin Ransum wrote in message . ..
I live in Lawrenceville.

My motor seems to run fine until it travels about 500 feet then the
trouble starts. The only thing I have not changed is the fuel lines
inside the motor.
What puzzles me is why it started so suddenly. My motor has the
S.L.O.W. thing that limits RPMs when it gets hot, but the p hole is
squirting water just as it always has. Plus it had been sitting for
over an hour the day it started this.

That really sounds like something to do with the throttle cable/timing
set up. I'd suggest getting a good repair manual for that motor. Look
at the Boat U.S. (I think it is) across from Sam's on Steve Reynolds
Blvd.