thunder

Default Swift Boat Liars

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:13:32 -0400, jim-- wrote:

And isn't that the real shame of it?

73 words out of a 10,000 word acceptance speech about his 240 months in
the Senate but almost half of them on the 4 months he bravely served in
Vietnam some 30+ years ago.

And according some here in this very forum those 4 months 30 years ago
are more telling as to his ability to be POTUS than his recent 240
months in the US Senate. Sadly, I am sure there are plenty of other non
thinking partisans who feel the same and cannot see what is important
and what is not.

There is still three months until the election. Surely between now and
then, there will be a national debate on real issues, but then, maybe not.
I have stated before, that I believe *both* candidates did what there
country asked of them. It would be nice to move on to a more issue
oriented campaign, but it this climate, that may be asking too much.