Harry Krause

Default Swift Boat Liars

thunder wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:23:05 -0400, jim-- wrote:

I find it amazing that 10 guys who served on Kerry's boat speak the truth
but every one of the 250 who served along side his boat are liars and are
politically motivated.

Strange, eh Chuck?

Just curious, if Kerry wasn't involved with Vietnam Veterans Against the
War, do you think the 250 would be singing the same tune?

The problem with these anti-Kerry vets is that they think they were
engaged in some sort of useful crusade in Vietnam whereas in fact they
simply were pawns in a game. They gave up years of their lives and, in
some cases, limbs, their health, their futures, and their lives, in a
trumped-up, bull**** war that had nothing to do with American security
and, in fact, did little more than prop up a series of right-wing
dictators in south Vietnam. They were used. The ones who are so
anti-Kerry now have never come to terms with that reality, and they are
sour, bitter, aging men. The problem is, they've never realized they're
still fighting the wrong enemy.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -