Wayne.B

Default Problems with ICOM IC-M502 VHF

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:27:16 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:
I've had awful luck with VHF radios the last 15 years. I dunno why,
either, because I keep them out of the elements and I'm not a frequent
user.

Radios on small power boats get subjected to a lot of shock and
vibration which might explain some of that. I usually have a hand
held VHF onboard as a backup, and for use away from the helm.
You can get a cheap handheld for $100 or less and keep it in a zip
lock bag. I prefer the type that uses ordinary alkaline batts since
they have a long shelf life.