Ken Heaton

Default Nova Scotia trip report (long)

Comments Below:

"rhys" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:27:53 -0300, "Ken Heaton"
wrote:

Hey Ken... Any idea where a sailor can get a copy of Silver Donald
Cameron's video of cruising the Bras d'Or lakes??

I just finished his "next" sailing book after "Wind, Whales and
Whisky: A Cape Breton Voyage." It's called "Sniffing the Coast: An
Acadian Voyage", Toronto: Macmillan Canada, 1993, and it was as
entertaining as the Cape Breton book. He's quite a character, even if
he namedrops Farley Mowat a bit much.

Regardless, he's added the "Acadian Sea" to my "future cruising" list.
R..

Hi Marc,

My friend with the '74 Viking 33 (and his wife) just got back from a
short trip to the Magdaline Islands. 11 hours from Bay St. Lawrence in
northern Cape Breton to the islands, mostly close hauled to a beam reach.
Four days at the Marina to the south at La Grave??. Nine hours for the trip
back to Bay St. Lawrence, again close hauled to a beam reach to a broad
reach toward the end, but more wind, about 20 knots. Seeing up to 9 knots
boat speed surfing down the waves. Big bow wave but no complaints about the
ride, they had fun.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada