Jim Cate

Default Joys of sailing

Horvath wrote:

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:03:19 -0500, Jim Cate wrote
this crap:

Actually, I think that we have pretty well ruminated over most of the
issues discussed above. What we haven't discussed, and what you
apparently don't appreciate, is that the Mac is a fun boat to sail.

I just came from a regatta where the Macs were given a PHRF rating of
320. Which makes it the only thing slower than a Cal 20.

During a race, I passed one like it was standing still. Wait, I
think it WAS standing still.

And exactly which Mac was that Horvath? - Was it the Mac 26M? And how
long had the skipper sailed the boat?

Jim