Jim Cate

Default Bought a Reinel 26'

Donal wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Well, we can see that you're quite a sailor. I'm sure you can find
a couple of other excuses for not sailing.

Jon,

I used to have a powerboat.

I once(maybe twice) went out while under the influence. I "showed off" to
the guests by putting the helm hard over at 35 kts. It was great fun, but
we were lucky that I didn't sink the boat.

If I had capsized the boat, then it would have been *my* fault.... and my
fault alone.

I now sail "dry".

I had a friend who was driving a power boat while ONE friend sat on the
forward deck. The skipper was showing off by making a series of sharp
turns. In the process, his friend was thrown off the boat and run over
by the prop. No one blamed the manufacturer of the boat, but it was a
tragic, life altering event.

Jim