L.

Default Ham Radio Licenses

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
L. wrote:

Be careful what you admit to... snip

Admit to? Am I on trial here? Do you want to read me my rights? I
passed the tests, code and theory, fair and square in a venue that was a
little disorganized maybe. And I guess my memory is still haunting me.
I remember taking the code test and then taking the written theory
test. You're saying there should be a written test on the stuff sent in
the code test? Maybe there was, I don't remember.

NO you are not "on trial". "Some" could have taken your words of the testing
as it having been done improperly. Whether it was your fault or not. That
could result in a retest.

Then if you were that good, you shouldn't have needed a "cheat sheet".

I didn't have a cheat sheet. And I didn't need one, I knew the code.
Again, I said that sarcastically, it was a throw away remark.

Good..... but we're not all mind readers to know where you were going with
that remark.

Then they should have stopped the test and got the tape qued and started
over. That was not a good example of testing.....

You're right. But I didn't want to get up and stop it. I thought it
might bother the other people who were already copying it thinking the
test had started. Some of them were pretty apprehensive about the test
and being able to pass it.

Congradulations - if you did it "honestly".

Your suggestion that I might not have done it honestly ****es me off.
But for the record, I did. I copied the code, all of it (and maybe
answered some questions too?). Then I took the written theory test, and
got a license.

No, I'm not suggesting "YOU" didn't do it honestly. The whole thing the way
you wrote about it, just didn't sound good. If you earned it, YOU EARNED
IT.... Who am I to judge? You alluded to improper testing procedures, cheat
sheets be they off the wall remarks or whatever.... None of it sounded up
front. You lead to the conclusion of improprieties, not us. But I went over
the procedures as they are supposed to be. That is how we do it. We go by
the book, not someone's idea of what they "think" it should be.

snip lecture

I bet the Navy made you study SOMETHING. And, if you had to do Morse in

the
service, then why are you bitching about it now? Surely if you did it

there,
you can do it here WITHOUT A CHEAT SHEET.

Yeah, it did. The taxpayers got their money's worth out of me. And I
am not bitching about learning the code. I was on the "leave the code
in the test" side of the argument. I like the code, remember. Try
rereading my post maybe.

.- .-.

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com

And I'm damned sure the country, or at least some of us are glad you were
part of the service to the country. To that, I say thank you.

No, basically all I'm saying is it is all in how it was presented......

L.