L.

Default Ham Radio Licenses

FCC IDers used to be set for 20wpm.... "I" personally don't know if that has
changed or not. But if it is listed as FCC Compliant, then I wouldn't worry
about it. Actually, some commercial Iders do sound a bit slower now days!
I've not checked the rules lately OR the market to see what is out there. If
you're using the IDer for Ham use, I don't know that the FCC will bother
you. For commercial, maybe!

L.

"Vito" wrote in message
FWIW I bought a 13 WM Morse ID'r because it was cheaper and satisfied FCC
rules & wont replace it til FCC makes me.
Howard, K3DWW

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
I suspect that repeater IDs in morse will be dropped as
when if the code requirement completely goes away. In any
case, I believe the ID is sent at 13WPM.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista