William R. Watt

Default Proposed mandatory PFD law

It's only a start. They'll be after all swimmers to wear a PFD next. Then
it will be anyone driving a car over a bridge over a body of water or
through a tunnel under a body of water. Anyone sun bathing on a dock or
beach. An on it goes. Once they get their foot in the door. Give them an
inch and tye'll take a mile. Soution? Fire the buggers. They only do
it to keep their government jobs. Once they make some peopel wear PFD's
they are in danger of losing their jobs so they have to find more innocent
vitcims in order to have something to do.

"Keith" ) writes:
The NTSB in their bureaucratic wisdom is proposing a rule to require ALL
people on recreational boats to WEAR PFD's ALL the time. Here is a link to
the site, and the e-mail address to send your comments to. Since boating has
continually gotten safer, I certainly see no need for this. I do support the
PFD laws for kids and small boats like canoes, kayaks, and PWCs. If you
don't want to end up wearing a life jacket all the time, send it your
comments!
____________________________
http://www.ntsb.gov/academy/CourseInfo/MS701_200408.htm
This site is the NTSB.
They are considering this month a rule to require all on board to wear PFD's
ALL THE TIME.

Check out the site and then e mail

Holloway, Keith (NTSB)

with whatever comments you have. Be nice!

--

Keith
__

homepage: