Celia Oblinger

Default Near Deaths on the Lower Gauley

Believe it or not, I'm not actually bitching about it.

I knew going in of the possibility of having to swim - I just hadn't done my
homework on the dangers that I would be accepting, and experiencing.

Bitching, I am not. Perheps my trip is nothing particularly out of the
ordinary - and if that is the answer, then this is what I want to know.

I'm not bitching about having to swim - I just wonder if it could have been
avoided. It was very dangerous in the areas into which we were thrown. If it
could have been avoided, then hopefully I could pass this information along,
in a constructive manner - so it would be better for other people down the
road.

My only "complaint" if you want to call it that - is that perhaps I should
have been AMPLY warned of the dangers that I would be undertaking.

But, even that falls under my resposibility - I should have researched
further.

If what I had was a pretty typical rafting trip (as others have said to
me) - then I just can't understand why anyone would be willing to put their
life on the line for the thrill of whitewater.

I DO take adventurous chances - including Mt. Everest.

But even with had, I had a great deal of control about my fate. With my
whitewater trip, I felt as if I had no control at all.

Thanks, though, for your comments!

"Jon C" wrote in message
.. .
Sounds like you had no business rafting big water to begin with. Or,
for that matter, in a raft at all.

Why on earth would you go whitewater rafting and then bitch about

swimming?