Leanne

Default Ham Radio Licenses

"Keith" wrote in message
That sure hits the nail on the head. I'll probably learn it then promptly
forget it through non-use. Same as I did for my old merit badge in Boy
Scouts years ago. I still think it's just a hurdle to keep too many people
from getting access to those frequencies. Whether that's a good idea or

not,
I can't say.

At one time it was necessary to know Morse code, but in the last 50 years,
equipment and techniques have changed so much that Morse is no longer the
primary mode of usage. I was, for years, a fan of rtty art. How much of that
do you see anymore? It seems now that I just have a few phone contacts on 40
meters and although we have all of the exotic digital modes in the shack, It
is just not used much. I guess I have reached a 50 year burnout or maybe,
heaven forbid, maturity.

Leanne
s/v Fundy