Larry

Default Lead/acid batteries this winter

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:59:20 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Steve wrote:

That's an Old Wives tail..

The only thing that is detriment is the concrete floor will be colder.. Or
the battery acid my etch the floor if it spills or leaks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I have a high-tech shelf in my garage for battery storage. It consists
of two leftover 12" concrete blocks supporting a length of 2 x 12. I
just plop the batteries on the shelf after cleaning them, and then top
off their charges once a month.

I've been thinking of selling these "battery shelf kits" on eBay to
boaters for $99.95 plus shipping. What think you?

You'll never get the $99.95 without a name change: "Marine battery shelf
kits"
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com