Chuck Tribolet

Default Cut GPS Antenna Wire??

Shortening is not a problem at those high frequencies. I wanted to shorten
the cable on the antenna to my Garmin 162 to eliminate a bunch of extra
cable. I called Garmin. They said no problem, but it would void the warrantee
on the antenna (but not the GPS) because they had no control over the quality
of the connector and its installation. Since the unit was already off warrantee,
I went ahead and did it. Works fine, signal strength is a touch stronger.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message ...
You can cut it and add connectors to make a splice but you probably cannot
shorten it.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"